At East Bay Waldorf School, we believe that education is a partnership between school and family, and a Waldorf education serves to raise up everyone in our community. To this end, we strive to make Waldorf Education accessible to as many families as possible.
Our tuition is intentionally set at the low end of private school fees in order to attract the diverse community we prize. It’s important to keep in mind that like nearly all independent schools, we depend on tuition income to run the school. And still, the cost of tuition doesn’t cover the full expense of an East Bay Waldorf School education. Your tuition payment reflects the fact that you have made this education a priority for your family and we appreciate that.
The Comprehensive Tuition at EBWS includes:
- High-quality education with a fully-trained faculty and staff
- Multiple special subjects, including art, music, orchestra, Spanish language, movement, handwork, and gardening
- A beautiful, natural environment and surroundings
- Organic foods in our early childhood programs
- High quality materials and school supplies
- Crafting and woodworking supplies
- Field trips and camping trips
Not included in the annual tuition are Aftercare, Enrichment programs, 8th grade service trip, or Middle School sports.
The tuition for the 2018-19 School Year is as follows:
3-Day (M-W) $8,570
5-Day (M-F) $12,290
A non-refundable deposit of $500 is to be returned with the signed enrollment contract.
We offer a variety of different payment plans to help families manage their tuition costs, ranging from annual or quarterly payment plans to a monthly plan that enables payments to be made in ten equal monthly installments.