Finding the right school is one of the most important decisions you will make for your child. If you are questioning the high pressure or “teach to test” model and want something more meaningful for your child, please visit. We offer an education that is truly unique in a spectacular setting. Our classic, “Renaissance” curriculum helps children develop a multitude of skills and abilities that leave them ready for further education, yes, and full of possibilities for their future work and enjoyment.
More than smart.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2018-19 school year on a space-available basis.
The best way to learn more about Waldorf education and all that the East Bay Waldorf School has to offer is to visit. Seeing the classrooms, the campus, and our students and teachers will tell you if this is the right place for your child.
The East Bay Waldorf School is proud to be among the most diverse independent schools in the area. We serve students of all colors, races, genders and sexual orientations and families from all ethnic, national, cultural, social and religious backgrounds. We hope you will see that your family has a place in our school community.
Inquire or start the application process with this form
1. Schedule your visit
We offer a variety of ways to get to know our school, including group tours, Open Houses and special tours of our Early Childhood Program and Middle School. See your options here. Fill out this form to schedule your visit.
Complete the application form and submit it to the Admissions Office along with:
- The non-refundable application fee ($75 for the first child, $25 for each sibling)
- A photo of your child
- A Records Release form
- Recommendation form from your child’s current teacher
- Preschool/Kindergarten form
- Grades 1-8 form
3. Interview & Experience
Upon receipt of your application, we will arrange a child visit or interview: Preschool and Kindergarten students come to interview with their prospective teachers.
Grades students come for a 3-day visit with their prospective class.
Contracts are due back, with a $500 enrollment deposit, within 10 days of receipt. Wait-listed applicants will be notified of openings as soon as they arise.
5. School Entrance
Upon enrollment, you can expect to receive the following to support your transition into the school:
- Your child’s teacher will be in touch to schedule a home visit with your child. This is a wonderful way for the child to meet their new teacher on their home turf and ease their transition into the school.
- You’ll receive the class list so you can make contact with other families in the class, arrange playdates and carpools.
- You’ll be put on the class email list and begin to receive emails from the teacher and class parent.
- The school newsletter and website provide community news, the school calendar, information, and updates. Be sure to read these on a regular basis.
- Our New Parent Orientation at the beginning of the school year will give you an opportunity to meet the parents and members of our Administration.