Finding the right school is one of the most important decisions you will make for your child. If you are questioning the high-pressure or impersonal “teach to test” model and want something more meaningful for your child, please visit. We offer a comprehensive education that is truly unique in a spectacular setting. Our classic, “Renaissance” curriculum helps children develop a multitude of skills and abilities that leave them ready for further education and full of possibilities for their future work and enjoyment. Children love to learn at East Bay Waldorf School.
More than smart.
To apply for the 2020-21 school year, please follow the process outlined below.
The East Bay Waldorf School application process begins each fall for the next school year for all grade levels. Candidates are urged to apply early. Decisions are mailed in March.
East Bay Waldorf uses a web-based admissions application called Ravenna to manage the application process. Through Ravenna, applicants are able to fill out required forms, submit supplemental application materials, and track application progress. New users will need to create an account with Ravenna. Returning users can log in using their username and password.
Start the application process with Ravenna.
For late applications for the 2019-20 school year
Please contact Admissions directly to inquire about space availability for the upcoming 2019-20 school year by calling 510.222.3297 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If space is available, you will fill out an application using Ravenna.
1. Complete the Admissions Inquiry Form
Fill out the form on this page to let us know more about your child and interest and we’ll get back to you with more information about our school.
2. Schedule your visit
We offer a variety of ways to get to know our amazing school, including group tours, open houses and special tours of our Early Childhood Program and Middle School. We require parents to tour or visit prior to submitting an application. See your visiting options here.
Complete the application form on Ravenna. Please note that if you are applying for the 2019-20 academic year, you should contact our Admissions Director at 510.222.3297 x2107 or email her to confirm that there is space available and confer on the application process.
Friday, January 17, 2020: Priority applications due for Grades PreK-8, including applications for tuition assistance.
Please note: Applications received after January 17, 2020 will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
4. Interview & Experience
Upon receipt of your application, we will contact you to arrange a child visit or interview. Preschool and Kindergarten students come to interview with their prospective teachers. Grades students come for a 3-day visit with their prospective class.
5. Receive notification
Families will receive admission decisions from the East Bay Waldorf School and other EBISA member schools by noon on Thursday, March 19, 2020.
To reserve your child’s place in the class, a non-refundable deposit and signed Tuition Agreement must be received by East Bay Waldorf School no later than 10:00 AM on Thursday, March 26, 2020.
7. School Entrance
Upon enrollment, you can expect to receive the following to support your transition into the school:
- Your child’s teacher will be in touch to schedule a home visit with your child. This is a wonderful way for the child to meet their new teacher on their home turf and ease their transition into the school.
- You’ll receive the class list so you can make contact with other families in the class, arrange playdates and carpools.
- You’ll be put on the class email list and begin to receive emails from the teacher and class parent.
- The school newsletter and website provide community news, the school calendar, information, and updates. Be sure to read these on a regular basis.
- Our New Parent Orientation at the beginning of the school year will give you an opportunity to meet other parents and members of our Administration, learn more about our school policies and officially join our community.